- 1916Year Built
Edgartown Harbor - An exceptional offering of 11 acres, over 300' of frontage on the harbor, deep-water dock, sandy private beach, tennis court and two waterfront homes. The original grand dame is an early 1900's vintage Colonial with nine bedrooms on three levels and the most commanding views of the harbor, lighthouse, Chappaquiddick and Nantucket Sound beyond and the second home is a 3 bedroom 1970's contemporary. Set far from Katama Road down a long private drive yet is in the most prime location less than a mile to the village or only minutes by boat. Other structures include a boathouse at the water's edge and a bathhouse just steps from the beach. The property has been held in and treasured by the same family for decades and presents the next owners a number of options to create one of finest compounds on the harbor.
Listed by Sandpiper Realty
Contact Hancock Real Estate:
- Square Feet6766
- Foundation TypeCrawl
- Lead PaintUnknown
- Half Baths1
- Year Built1916
- Heat TypeNone
- Water ViewYes
- MLS Number37284
- List Price$19,500,000
- Modification Date2020-12-10T12:38:31
- Date Listed2020-09-18T13:49:39
- Other Struct DescriptionVintage boathouse at waters edge and bathhouse (3 cabanas) just steps from the beach and dock. Garage and tennis court.
- Flooring TypeWood
- Floor 1 DescriptionWaterside entry is to a dramatic foyer with beautifully detailed winding staircase. Off to side is a large great room with with fireplace, to the other is a living room, also with fireplace that opens to an enclosed porch that is lined with glass. A hall with butlers pantry leads to the working kitchen at the back of the house. A powder room is tucked away at the entry behind the main staircase.
- Floor 2 DescriptionFive bedrooms and two full baths are found on this level.
- Floor 3 DescriptionAn exterior staircase (the former interior staircase is still intact) leads to a suite that offers kitchen accommodations, dining area, living room, three more bedrooms and full bath.
- Basement DescriptionInterior and bulk head access. Dirt floor, approx 5' deep.
- StreetKatama Road
- Building Number189 & 191
- Location41.3807438, -70.513784
- Outdoor SpacesWater Views, Beach Access - Private, Private Tennis Court, Patio, Porch, Deck
- Lot Size SqFt479160
- Yard Type11 acres with over 300' of frontage on the harbor
- Fridge TypeY
- Dryer TypeY
- Stove TypeY
- TV TypeCable
- Washer TypeY
- UsmAmenitiesTennis, Water View, Waterfront
- Update TypeNONE
- Second DwellingExisting
- View Count16