- 2007Year Built
THE ULTIMATE WATERFRONT RETREAT - The Vineyard has always been the place to go for R&R, and if you needed it in the past, you certainly need it now. It is the oasis of beauty and tranquility in a vintage community. This property offers the best of the Island. Located on Vineyard Haven Harbor, the home sits on a large 1.7A parcel of land, which provides privacy, spectacular views of harbor activity, yet steps away from the Village for your morning coffee, afternoon shopping, and dinner and theater in the evening. A unique feature is proximity to the ferry to come to and leave the Island easily. Think of it - the kids who will probably be with you a lot more, Mom and Dad, who will visit, and the family workforce can easily use the Vineyard home as "operation center," adjusting to the new lifestyle perfectly. Designed by premier architect Patrick Ahearn, with 7,045 sf, the home is warm and friendly with space to accommodate everyone's needs. The large kitchen with sitting room and fireplace opens to a screened porch. A dramatic stone fireplace is the focal point of the sitting area on the porch with generous room for dining for twelve with views of Harbor activity. This space is the hub of the house. There is a large, quiet office on the first floor for serious work along with a smaller office space off the kitchen. A grand formal dining room with a fireplace and living room is designed for special occasions. Another all-season sun porch on the first floor provides additional space for a variety of activities. The informal and formal areas connect with an outdoor patio. The master bedroom suite with a sitting area occupies the south wing of the second floor and is cleverly separated from the activity of the household. Three more bedrooms are in the north wing of the house. Another expansive deck connects both wings. The views from the first floor are spectacular, and they become panoramic and magnificent on the second floor. There is a guest suite over the two car garage which can be accessed from the outside or the adjoining deck on the second floor. The piece de resistance is the widow's walk offering the most brilliant views. The terraced pool and built-in outside grill overlooking the Harbor complete this perfect Vineyard home.
Listed by Sandpiper Realty
Contact Hancock Real Estate:
- MLS Number37110
- List Price$13,500,000
- Modification Date2020-08-14T21:18:43
- Date Listed2020-08-14T21:18:43
- Flooring TypeWood, tile, carpet
- Floor 1 DescriptionThe large welcoming foyer separates the north and south wing of the house. The dining room with a fireplace is in direct view and provides the first scenes of the active Harbor beyond. To the left is the kitchen with a breakfast dining area and a family room with a fireplace. A bar, pantry, laundry room and powder room are located to the left of the kitchen. A summer porch with fireplace is accessed through French doors with panoramic views of the Harbor and access to the patio that links both wings. The south wing of the first floor is more formal in tone with a living room and year-round sun porch again with direct water views. A study finished in fine wood tones is located behind the living room.
- Floor 2 DescriptionThe balcony on the second floor separates both wings of the house and serves as an art gallery. The master suite occupies the south wing of the house with an expansive walk-in closet and bath. French doors open to views of the Harbor. A widow's walk accessed by a mechanical opening provides the "Mary Poppins" view. To the north wing are three guest rooms, one en suite and two with a unique bathroom design that provides separate basins and commodes and shares a shower.
- Basement DescriptionLarge, unfinished space with high ceilings.
- StreetMain Street
- Building Number103
- Location41.4566822, -70.6026715
- Outdoor SpacesWater Views, Deck, Garden, Patio, Porch - Screened, Private Pool, Beach Access - Private, Beach Access - Public
- Lot Size SqFt74052
- Yard TypeBeautiful landscaped yard with patio, pool and expansive lawn to Harbor.
- Water ViewYes
- Square Feet7046
- Foundation TypePoured Concrete
- Fireplaces(3) Gas & (1) Wood
- Lead PaintUnknown
- Half Bath2
- Year Built2007
- Heat TypeGas\FHA
- FeaturesAlarm, Central A/C, Insulation, Irrigation, Outdoor Shower
- Fridge TypeSub-zero
- Dishwasher Type(2) Asko
- Dryer Type(1) Whirlpool & (1) LG Tromm
- Stove Type6 burner gas Thermador stove & Thermador convection double oven
- TV TypeCable
- Washer Type(1) Whirlpool & (1) LG Tromm
- Update TypeNONE
- Second DwellingExisting
- View Count18