- 1880Year Built
Built in 1880 by the whaling captain David Porter West, this fabulously restored In-Town Greek Revival home with classic shutters, sconces, and a white picket fence, located in the William Street Historic District awaits you! The home you have been waiting for is being sold furnished and ready for you to move right in. The location cannot be more ideal, steps from the MV Playhouse, restaurants, shops, library, and the ferry. Looking for entertainment - enjoy concerts at the bandstand in Owen Park, bask in the sun at the public beach, or launch a boat at the landing for a day on the water. Lovingly maintained, keeping the old world charm, with original trim, molding, and wide heart-pine floors, this classic antique has 3 comfortable bedrooms, including a master suite, 2 ½ baths, and 4 wood-burning fireplaces that add to the character. The formal living room with a fireplace is at the front of the house and is bathed in natural light. A more frequently used open living room, also with a fireplace and the dining room, are in the middle of the house. The kitchen with a third fireplace and swinging pot rack and beehive oven, functional mudroom/laundry area, and powder room are cleverly at the back of the house. The staircase is at the front entrance and leads to the second floor. The fourth fireplace is in the front bedroom, with another bedroom, full bath, and a master suite that occupies the second floor. The back patio, landscaping, and a garage complete this remarkable property. Easy to show.
Listed by Sandpiper Realty
Contact Hancock Real Estate:
- MLS Number37103
- List Price$1,450,000
- Modification Date2020-09-04T20:06:52
- Date Listed2020-09-04T20:06:52
- Other Struct DescriptionThere is a large, one car garage, with cement floor and backspace with “murphy bed” style bunk beds and storage area.
- Flooring TypeWood, tile
- Floor 1 DescriptionThe front entrance is inviting, with a formal living room with a classic fireplace on the left. There is a unique built-in bar with access from the formal living room to the dining room. The more frequently used living room is adjacent to the dining room and offers another fireplace to enjoy on those chilly evenings. The back of the house is the more functional part of the home with the kitchen that offers fabulous white Caesarstone counters, mudroom/laundry room, and powder room. There is a side entrance off the mudroom that leads to the wonderful patio for outdoor entertaining and dining.
- Floor 2 DescriptionThe classic staircase at the front entrance leads to the second floor with exposed brick in the hallway and bedrooms. The master suite is at the back of the house, offering a full bath with a clawfoot tub and porcelain sink, and built-in closets and dressers. Two additional bedrooms, one including a fireplace, and a second full bath complete this floor.
- Basement DescriptionThere is exterior access to a utility area which houses the boiler, the oil tank, dehumidifier, and hot water heater.
- StreetChurch Street
- Building Number28
- Location41.4554123, -70.6041355
- Outdoor SpacesPatio, Community Tennis Court, Beach Access - Public
- Lot Size SqFt5662
- FeaturesCentral A/C, Insulation, Outdoor Shower
- Fridge TypeYes
- Dishwasher TypeYes
- Dryer TypeYes
- Stove TypeYes
- TV TypeCable
- Washer TypeYes
- Update TypeNONE
- Second DwellingPotential
- View Count5