- 1988Year Built
THE PERFECT VINEYARD RETREAT THAT HAS IT ALL! This property offers all the room you need for today's "stay-at-home" environment. There are wings, lofts, and a private guest suite above the garage, providing a myriad of independent locations and common areas to gather at the beginning and end of the day. The grand entrance sets the tone of this Vineyard estate located on 3.15 acres of land. The home overlooks pastoral fields with surrounding woodlands to create a peaceful setting to retreat amid the dynamics of today's world. The pool area and custom-designed pool house provide an expansive outdoor living space full of sun and fresh air. The owners chose the location in the Tashmoo Association because of the proximity to Vineyard Haven Village and the amenities of the community, which provides tennis, and a dock. An up-Island property in a down-Island location. A grand foyer invites you to the living room on the right with fireplace and French doors to the back patio. The dining room connects the living room to the kitchen, which is more than generous with a breakfast area overlooking the gardens and pool. Open from the kitchen is a custom family/sunroom with views over the fields and horse farm beyond. Behind the kitchen and powder room is a classic study that can convert from a workspace to a den for a social gathering or to watch the game. There are four bedrooms in the main house on the second floor and a third-floor loft. A guest suite is located above the two-car garage with private access. One of the dramatic additions is another living room with fireplace, vaulted, lighted ceiling, bar and powder room with French doors to the pool. The sale also includes a beach lot (32C/4 and 32D/4) just before the opening to Lake Tashmoo with beach access on the Lake and the Sound. Boating from the association dock to your private location, anchoring your boat for a picnic, or digging clams for dinner puts the frosting on the cake or the Vine in Vineyard. If 7,604 sf is not quite enough for your new "stay-at-home" lifestyle, the renovated 2 bedroom cottage at 19 Chappaquonsett is also available as is the horse farm at 67 Lamberts Cove Road.
Listed by Sandpiper Realty
Contact Hancock Real Estate:
- MLS Number37071
- List Price$5,250,000
- Modification Date2020-08-07T19:12:28
- Date Listed2020-08-07T19:12:29
- Flooring Typehardwood/tile
- Floor 1 DescriptionA large porch shelters the entrance to the formal foyer. The living room with fireplace is to the right, the formal dining room washed in sunshine from the large palladium windows is behind the foyer and opens to the expansive "Cook's Kitchen" ahead. A fabulous year-round sun room with three walls of windows overlooking the fields is off the kitchen. A quiet study to the left of the front entrance is one of the isolated areas on the first floor. Moving to another wing of the house through a hallway of windows, you enter the great room, a recent addition with a distinct change in architectural style. A contemporary fireplace compliments the detailed ceiling. A custom dining table provides seating for twelve, and French Doors access the pool beyond. A bar and powder room service this area. The separate guest suite and garage are located at this end of the house with the potential of converting the guest suite to a studio/office for a college student.
- Floor 2 DescriptionReturning to the foyer, a classic stairway reaches a balcony overlooking the dining room. It is the gateway to the master bedroom suite with a walk-in closet and luxurious European style bath. To the left are three bright, inviting guest bedrooms. Off the hall is a stunning room with interior windows and a large palladium window keeping the space always bright. It can serve as another family room, an office/study, or an art studio or the third private space in the house.
- Floor 3 DescriptionA large room on the third floor has just been freshly painted and re-carpeted. The use can be adapted to your specific lifestyle. A studio/study? And the fourth independent space.
- Basement DescriptionFull basement with a portion finished, and the remaining area offers more than adequate room for storage and utilities. This provides the fifth private space.
- StreetPasture Gate Road
- Building Number37
- Location41.447773, -70.628447
- ParkingPlenty of parking
- Outdoor SpacesDeck, Garden, Patio, Porch, Private Pool, Community Tennis Court, Covenants, Beach Access - Private
- Lot Size SqFt137214
- Yard TypeLarge yard with pastoral views
- Square Feet7604
- Foundation Typepoured concrete
- Fireplaces3 (2 wood and 1 gas)
- Lead PaintUnknown
- Half Bath2
- Year Built1988
- Year Renovated2008
- Heat TypeOil\FHW
- FeaturesCentral A/C, Insulation, Irrigation, Media Room, Outdoor Shower
- Fridge TypeSub-zero
- Dishwasher TypeBosch
- Dryer TypeBosch
- Stove TypeDouble oven thermador (electric) Viking cooktop (electric)
- TV TypeCable
- Washer TypeBosch
- Update TypeNONE
- View Count10