- 1992Year Built
This commanding, 11+ acre estate offers so much to be appreciated. The spacious hilltop home has gracious and serene interiors, with outstanding water views from nearly every room of its 4 levels. With 3 living rooms and 5 bedrooms, there is room here for everyone to join in the fun, while the 7,000 square feet of living space was designed to allow for plenty of options for quiet moments - to work in the extraordinary 2nd floor office, workout in the 4th level gym, or simply while away a lazy day watching the ferries come and go or imagining yourself out there with the fishermen on Middle Ground and cheering them on to bring in a big one. The rest of the gang can swim and play in the pool, create a grand feast in either the indoor or the outdoor kitchen, head down the hill to the association beach or have a game of hide and seek in the acres of woodland and meadow. Oh, and don't forget those sunsets - or the 4th of July fireworks that can be seen fired off from Woods Hole to Hyannis! On the practical side, the property is comprised of 3 conforming lots on which other homes can be built or which can be sold separately. The undulating landscape invites the creation of outdoor "rooms", while affording absolute privacy from neighbors and traffic from Lambert's Cove Road. You are only a 10-minute drive to all of Main Street's conveniences while feeling light years away from bustling crowds. Offered fully furnished and equipped, much of the artwork, both inside and in the sculpture park, will be made available to the buyer by separate purchase.
Listed by Karen M. Overtoom R.E.
Contact Hancock Real Estate:
- MLS Number36604
- List Price$4,430,000
- Modification Date2020-05-20T23:27:39
- Date Listed2020-05-20T23:27:40
- Other Struct DescriptionIn-ground pool, Studio and 3rd garage/boathouse, tiny shed for housing the generator.
- Flooring TypeHardwood, tile and carpet
- Floor 1 DescriptionThe front entry is large and gracious and opens into the first of the three living rooms, with vaulted ceilings and the Lew French fireplace as its centerpiece. Of course the wall of windows overlooking the sound is also a focal point. Opposite the fireplace is the wide-open entry into the dining room, from which you access the deck with its irresistible views, while beyond the dining room is the handsome and efficient eat-in kitchen with its well-planned work stations and wonderful views. The 3-season sunroom - cozy and inviting - is also just off the dining area. Before heading beyond the kitchen to the back entry, turn back down the gallery hall toward the living room and to the ground floor master suite beyond with its extensive bow windows from which to enjoy the view, its fireplace, its walk-in closet with built-ins and its handsome bath. Returning to the back entry, you find the 1/2 bath, walk-in storage, stairs to the amazing office, which is located in a world of its own, the access to the 2-car attached garage and the door out to the pool deck.
- Floor 2 DescriptionTurn right at the top of the stairs and you will find the fantastic family/media room at the end of the hall. It has a wonderful sitting area at one end where you will sit and watch the comings and goings of the ferries to and from Woods Hole & New Bedford, while in the center of the room is yet another fireplace with a tile surround the most beautiful shade of blue. Just outside this room is another full bath. At the other end of this level is the 2nd floor master suite with its supersized window seat for watching over those views, a door out to its small, private deck, one of the prettiest baths you will ever see and the stairway to the aeirie.
- Floor 3 DescriptionAccessed from the 2nd floor master bedroom, this aeirie is currently the exercise room but with its many built-in shelves could easily become the crafting center, hide-away library, or whatever other function your heart desires. It has, arguably, the best views on the property.
- Basement DescriptionFull, finished, walk-out lower level comprised of a generous living room with kitchenette in one corner, for guests to help themselves to snacks or morning coffee, and a door out to the patio and the large and fully-equipped outdoor kitchen. At one end, to the left as you come down the stairs, is the third of the master suites with its large wall of windows letting in light and views. As you walk back to the living room, you pass the interior entrance to the storage portion of the basement, which also has direct access outside, as well as the large and well-appointed laundry room. Off the entry hall is also the furnace room and a large, walk-in cedar storage closet and wine cellar. Crossing through the family room to the right-hand end of this lower level, are two more very nice bedrooms and their shared hall bath.
- StreetLamberts Cove Road
- Building Number645
- Location41.454323, -70.648517
- Outdoor SpacesDeck, Garden, Patio, Private Pool, Gym, Beach Access - Association, Beach Access - Deeded, Water Views
- Lot Size SqFt503553
- Yard TypeRemarkable sculpture "park", handsome lawns, gardens & hardscape
- FeaturesInsulation, Irrigation, Mini-Split Heat/AC, Outdoor Shower
- Fridge TypeYes
- Dishwasher TypeYes
- Dryer TypeYes
- Stove TypeYes
- TV TypeCable
- Washer TypeYes
- Update TypeNONE
- Second DwellingPotential
- View Count42
- Square Feet7050
- Foundation TypeFull poured concrete basement
- FireplacesYes, 3. 1st fl living room, 1st floor master & 2nd floor family room
- Lead PaintUnknown
- First Floor Beds1
- Half Bath1
- Year Built1992
- Year Renovated2019
- Heat TypeGas\FHW
- Water ViewYes