- 1687Year Built
Red Farm is a magical world that encompasses wild natural beauty, and multiple dwellings overflowing with stories and picturesque antiquity. The sprawling estate combines iconic Island history, over 21 private acres of pastoral West Tisbury land, comprised of 5 separate parcels. The property also includes a key to Hancock Beach in Chilmark. The Robert Luce homestead now known as Red Farm is one of the first and oldest English style houses in West Tisbury and is still on the original site. The antique homestead has been carefully renovated preserving the character of exposed framing, the builder's marks, and the large cooking fireplace with bread oven. An antique home from Eagle Bridge, NY, was purchased from the descendants of Grandma Moses, brought to the Vineyard by the current owner of Red Farm, and painstakingly connected to the main dwelling to create the master suite. The antique barn features two levels and an attached greenhouse with a sauna, soaking pool, and a working 17th century French bathing tub. There is also a charming two bedroom guest house that was once a forge. The property offers walking trails, exquisite stone walls, an outdoor entertaining area, man-made pond, and a replica of Thoreau's cabin where he wrote Walden Pond, his treatise to the worth of a spiritual connection with nature. This spiritual connection to the natural world and days of old is truly embodied by the Red Farm property.
Contact Hancock Real Estate:
- List Price$6,250,000
- MLS Number36407
- Date Listed2020-04-03T20:49:57
- Modification Date2020-04-03T20:49:57
- Basement DescriptionEnter through bulkhead. Concrete floored for utilities and some storage.
- Flooring Type1
- Floor 1 DescriptionLarge kitchen, two formal dining areas, living room, sunroom, small game room, bathroom, and master Suite with private entrance and ensuite bathroom.
- Floor 2 DescriptionOne wing has two charming guest bedrooms and bathroom, the other wing has a study and children's bedroom.
- Second DwellingExisting
- View Count114
- Building Number73, 72, 83, 89
- StreetRed Farm Road and Kelly Lane
- TownWest Tisbury
- VillageLambert's Cove
- Location41.427475, -70.672781
- Lot Size SqFt927392
- Other Struct Descriptionguest house, writer's cabin, and vintage barn.
- Outdoor SpacesGarden, Patio, Beach Access - Private
- Parking Descriptionyes
- Yard Typerolling meadow with manmade pond
- Square Feet3745
- Foundation Typeconcrete
- Lead PaintUnknown
- First Floor Beds1
- Half Bath1
- Year Renovated1995
- Year Built1687
- Heat TypeOil\FHA
- Dishwasher Typeyes
- Dryer Typeyes
- FeaturesCentral A/C, Insulation, Outdoor Shower
- Fridge Typeyes
- Stove Typeyes
- Tv TypeCable
- Washer Typeyes