- 1980Year Built
This extraordinary country retreat is set on over 9.6 acres on a high ridge in West Tisbury with beautiful rolling hillsides, pine forest, meadows and ponds. It exudes tranquility and country heart and soul. There are 6+ existing bedrooms spread among two houses, a bunkhouse and a cabin in the woods, as well as several additional buildings including a barn with workshop and rec room, a detached garage, year-round outdoor shower and sauna, two large storage sheds and a whimsical and sunny detached studio building. Many recent updates. The property is perfect for multi-generational living and exists as two parcels so there are many options for future expansion. Currently two septic systems totaling 7-bedroom capacity. Trails weave throughout the property and it abuts conservation land on three sides with direct access to miles of trails beyond. This is a truly a one-of-a-kind property that must be experienced.
Contact Hancock Real Estate:
- MLS Number36307
- List Price$2,150,000
- Modification Date2020-02-06T18:35:24
- Date Listed2020-02-06T18:35:24
- Other Struct DescriptionBARN: expansive barn with workshop, rec room and upstairs space for storage or other needs. BUNKHOUSE: sweet living space with kitchen area (no running water currently), indoor outhouse, library room, living room with stone fireplace and sleeping space. WOODSMAN COTTAGE: one room 168 sq ft cottage in the woods with wood stove and electricity, and 110 sq ft screened porch, plus the "Blueberry Pot outhouse". GARAGE: new garage with work bench area and windows
- Heat TypeKerosene Monitor
- StreetBen Chase Road
- Building Number145 and 157
- Location41.4397174, -70.6502363
- ParkingPlenty of parking in driveway pullouts
- Outdoor SpacesBeach Access - Public, Deck, Patio, Porch - Screened, Garden
- Lot Size SqFt418176
- Yard TypeExpansive yard with rolling hillsides, ponds, gardens and woodland trails
- FeaturesInsulation, Outdoor Shower, Wood Stove
- Fridge Typeyes - 3
- Dishwasher Typeyes
- Dryer Typeyes
- Stove Typegas
- TV TypeCable
- Washer Typeyes
- Update TypeNONE
- Second DwellingExisting
- View Count12
- Square Feet3942
- Foundation TypeConcrete block and concrete slab
- Fireplaces2 fireplaces - Bunkhouse, Ox
- Lead PaintUnknown
- Year Built1980
- Year Renovated1991
- Flooring Type3
- Floor 1 DescriptionMain house first floor: mudroom, kitchen, laundry and full bath, dining room, sunroom, living room, screened porch and large/open music room. Ox first floor: mudroom/entry (not heated), living and dining room, bathroom, partial kitchen, screened porch.
- Floor 2 DescriptionMain house second floor: two guest bedrooms which open to a second floor deck, plus master suite with bedroom, sitting room, bathroom and ladder to a loft/office space. Ox second floor: sleep nook bedroom on the half level and a full bedroom up stairs.
- Floor 3 DescriptionMain house third floor: ladder to bedroom with twin beds, plus separate office space above the master bedroom.
- Basement DescriptionMain house basement is half concrete block crawlspace and half concrete slab. The Ox is also on a slab with a small concrete block basement area just large enough to fit the water pump and septic equipment.