- 2002Year Built
A special opportunity for a hill top post and beam with stunning sunset views across the Chilmark Valleys. Built in 2002 by Yankee Barn, this well constructed, spacious and bright home was designed as the "dream house" for the current owners. The thoughtful attention to design, space and proportion are obvious. The house is packed with charm, imbued with character and has many extra details like a generator and solar panels. Master suite with soaring ceilings on the first floor allows for easy living when the home is less than full. Radiant heat is under the whole first floor and there is AC for those hot summer days. Drive in garage keeps you dry. A petite fish pond with waterfall behind the home brings a calming din to the morning sounds as you enjoy the day. Step out of the gardeners room onto your breakfast patio for the morning sun. The rolling meadow below has lots of opportunity for flowers and there is plenty of property for an orchard, a pool (after 2 years) and there is a great guest house spot, allowable after 5 years in Chilmark. This home is priced very accurately, packed with value and will be one of the fastest homes to sell this season. It could not be rebuilt for the price it is being offered. Sellers can not close until mid June but the good news is it just got painted and needs nothing! For the outdoor lovers, this home is located in the center of a massive trail system and has wonderful biking, and hiking opportunities out the back door with literally miles of trails that enable you to wander for hours and end up at some of the hidden gems of Chilmark.
Contact Hancock Real Estate:
- MLS Number36101
- List Price$1,850,000
- Modification Date2020-01-08T10:14:46
- Date Listed2020-01-08T10:14:46
- Other Struct DescriptionRoomy potters shed outside near an optimal guest house site.
- Flooring Type2
- Floor 1 DescriptionFirst floor has large and spacious rooms for entertaining with a fantastic kitchen, screened porch and glassed sun room. There is a study/media room off screened porch and then walk into the soaring master suite with sliders outside and a wonderful large bathroom. Off the kitchen is a pantry and small potting room for the gardner. Half bath is near the entry and drive in garage .
- Floor 2 DescriptionA super-cozy suite of 2 roomy bedrooms with a shared bath and extra space for siting area is over the garage. A 3rd bedroom is over the kitchen and an office area is in the loft.
- Basement DescriptionAn unfinished poured basement is dry and very neat. It could be finished to e a recreation room or more. There is a Buderus heater that runs on oil and has forced air and AC. Electrical service has twin 200 amp services, solar panel hook-up and generator controls.
- StreetSouth Ridge Road
- Building Number42
- Location41.3678078, -70.7047429
- Outdoor SpacesGarden, Patio, Porch, Community Tennis Court, Beach Access - Public, Porch - Screened, Covenants
- Lot Size SqFt139392
- FeaturesCentral A/C, Insulation
- Fridge Type3
- Dishwasher Typey
- Dryer Typey
- Stove TypeGas
- TV TypeCable
- Washer Typey
- Update TypeNONE
- Second DwellingPotential
- View Count6