- 1905Year Built
EXQUISITE BEAUTY AND RARE PRIVACY: EDGARTOWN GREAT POND WATERFRONT. Sited directly on Slough Cove, with exquisite views across the Edgartown Great Pond toward the barrier beach and Atlantic Ocean beyond, this property offers one of most private, superlative and pristine settings on the island. The Edgartown Great Pond offers 890 acres of scenic beauty and habitat to explore by kayak/canoe, paddleboard, sailboat or motor boat. The South Shore barrier beach is easily accessible by boat and offers an ideal place for beachside picnics, fishing and crabbing -- or simply relaxing with the sights and sounds of the ocean.The property abuts a gorgeous Sheriff's Meadow conservation property called Kings Point Armor, a 29-acre swath of Katama Plains that hugs the shore of the pond and crosses through huckleberry shrubs and clumps of bayberries, with views across toward Herring Creek Farm. This idyllic setting and lifestyle will make you feel miles away from everything . . . yet this highly sought-after area of Katama is just minutes away from South Beach, the bicycle path, island farm stands, as well dining, shopping and entertainment in historic Edgartown Village.There is currently a tastefully renovated vintage cape-style home on the property that can be enjoyed as-is, while creating plans to build your own signature retreat in this most special and rare setting.
Contact Hancock Real Estate:
- List Price$5,495,000
- MLS Number35802
- Date Listed2019-09-08T14:55:07
- Virtual TourView Tour
- AgentNameHarman, Wendy
- Dishwasher TypeYes
- Dryer TypeYes
- FeaturesCentral A/C, Insulation, Outdoor Shower
- Fridge TypeYes
- Stove TypeYes
- Tv TypeCable
- Washer TypeYes
- Building Number55
- StreetKings Point Way
- Location41.361462, -70.542366
- Lot Size SqFt182516
- Other Struct DescriptionThere is a detached one-car garage/barn with ample room for storing beach gear, bicycles and an island car.
- Outdoor SpacesWater Views, Deck, Patio, Porch - Screened, Beach Access - Public
- Parking DescriptionAmple Off-Street Parking + Detached Garage
- Yard TypePristine
- Water ViewYes
- Number of Photos16
- Fireplaces2 Wood Burning Fireplaces
- Year Built1905
- Year Renovated2000
- descBasementThere is an unfinished basement area with access to mechanicals.
- descFloor1The first floor is comprised of a Living Room with fireplace, Dining Room, Kitchen, Family Room and two bedrooms with a full bath.
- descFloor2The second floor is comprised of a spacious master bedroom with full bath, sitting room and access to a second-story deck with amazing water views.
- flooringTypeWide-Planked Pine Floors, Tile + Carpet
- Update TypeNONE
- Modification Date2019-09-08T14:55:06
- View Count79