- 2000Year Built
SPECTACULAR WATERFRONT COMPOUND ON HISTORIC EDGARTOWN HARBOR. Located in the heart of historic Edgartown, with expansive views across to the Edgartown Lighthouse, Chappaquiddick and Vineyard Sound, this unique two-home harborfront residence was designed by Twanette Tharp, one of the Vineyard's leading designers and featured in Architectural Digest (see attached article). Anchored by a private cobblestone courtyard and surrounded by lush privet hedges, the two residences, named "The Captain Dexter House" and "The Ferry House" were lovingly designed and built in 2000 with unmatched craftsmanship and impeccable architectural detailing. Captivating interior details include custom millwork and tongue-and-groove paneling, antique heart pine flooring, handsome fieldstone fireplaces, gourmet cook's kitchens, marble tile bathrooms, top quality hardware, nautical accents and more. Designed for idyllic indoor-outdoor living and entertaining both homes feature dramatic, second-story Great Rooms with vaulted ceilings that open onto mahogany decks where you can dine, sunbathe or just watch boats go by on the harbor. On the dockside level, there is a large outdoor living space where you can lounge, dine and entertain family and friends around a deluxe built-in chef's grill. Rounding out this special waterfront offering is a private dock slip that will accommodate a power boat up to 17 feet, offering easy water access for boating, fishing and/or for accessing a larger boat moored in the harbor (a mooring may be secured through the Edgartown Harbormaster; please inquire on details). There is also a detached Office/Studio with vaulted ceilings located in the cobblestone courtyard, perfect as an at-home office or art/writing studio. This Edgartown Village residence is the ultimate in luxurious harborside living as a boater's paradise, family compound and/or rental property (rental history available on request).
Contact Hancock Real Estate:
- List Price$15,000,000
- MLS Number35685
- Date Listed2019-08-09T08:55:44
- Modification Date2019-08-09T08:55:44
- Basement DescriptionBoth homes have walk-out, dockside level basements that are ideal for storage of fishing tackle, small watercraft, beach gear, bicycles and more.
- Flooring TypeAntique Heart Pine + Marble Tile
- Floor 1 DescriptionBoth homes feature a welcoming foyer with a grand open staircase leading to the second floor living space. The first floors are comprised of a Den/TV Room on the harbor side of the house -- with sliders that open out onto a deck or dockside area. Guest bedrooms with en suite baths plus a built-in wet bar and laundry area are also located on the first floor. NOTE: See attached property overview for The Dexter House (4-bedroom residence) and The Ferry House (3-bedroom residence).
- Floor 2 DescriptionBoth properties feature an open-designed Great Room with vaulted ceilings, fieldstone fireplaces and blending Living Room, Dining Area and gourmet Cook's Kitchen with access to an expansive second-story mahogany deck, for outdoor living and enjoyment. Each home also has a Master Bedroom with en suite bath located on the second floor. NOTE: See attached property overview for The Dexter House (4-bedroom residence ) and the Ferry House (3-bedroom residence).
- Building Number2 & 4
- StreetMorse Street
- Location41.3903735, -70.5092715
- Lot Size SqFt10018
- Other Struct DescriptionThere is a detached 190-square foot building that is ideal for an office or art/writing studio.
- Outdoor SpacesDeck, Water Views, Patio, Porch, Beach Access - Public
- Parking DescriptionAmple Off-Street Parking
- Yard TypeProfessionally Landscaped Yard
- Water ViewYes
- Square Feet4348
- FireplacesFerry House: Two (2) Fireplaces; Dexter House: One (1) Fireplace
- Foundation TypePoured Concrete Foundation
- Lead PaintUnknown
- First Floor Beds3
- Year Built2000
- Heat TypeGas\FHA
- Dishwasher TypeMiele® Dishwasher
- Dryer TypeYes
- FeaturesAlarm, Central A/C, Insulation
- Fridge TypeSubZero® Refrigerator/Freezer
- Stove TypeWolf® Gas Range
- Tv TypeCable
- Washer TypeYes
- Second DwellingExisting
- View Count1