- 1989Year Built
Classic Katama Beach House- This Light filled home is nestled in the Katama woods, yet only a mile and a half to South Beach or downtown Edgartown. The dramatic front of the house is a bank of glass doors with angled windows above allowing natural light to drench the open floor plan. The great room has a vaulted ceiling with exposed wood beams, skylights, and an attractive Jotul gas stove for efficient heat. The kitchen features soapstone countertops, a large center island with sink, solid wood cabinets and stainless steel appliances. Two bedrooms are located on the first floor which share a spacious tiled bathroom with a soaking tub and separate glass shower stall. The laundry/mud room is conveniently located off the front hall. The first floor is hardwood with tiled bathroom, the second floor is wall to wall carpet with a tiled bathroom. The open loft room is great for entertaining with a glass door opening onto a balcony overlooking the backyard patio and the woods beyond. The master bedroom with vaulted ceiling also has a glass door opening onto the second story balcony which runs the length of the house and a great spot to watch the colorful sunsets. The full bathroom and linen closet are off the hall A secured storage area runs adjacent to the loft room under the eaves. The large wrap around deck encases the house with several seating areas and an outdoor dining set for eating al fresco. The private backyard has a bluestone patio and beyond is a wooded oasis with hammock and adirondack chairs where all you hear are the birds singing and the distant waves of South Beach. An outdoor shower and 8 x10 shed complete the property. This property is eligible for future expansion with a potential to 6 bedrooms, including a detached Carriage or Guest House. Seller has paid for the right to join the neighborhood sewer line. The home has a strong rental history -furnishings maybe available for a separate purchase.
Contact Hancock Real Estate:
- MLS Number35471
- List Price$1,200,000
- Modification Date2019-07-01T06:27:37
- Date Listed2019-07-01T06:27:38
- Other Struct DescriptionShed 8'X10'
- Flooring TypeHardwood wall to wall carpet and tiled bathrooms
- Floor 1 DescriptionGreat room featuring the living area dining area and kitchen 2 bedroom laundry room and full bathroom.
- Floor 2 DescriptionMaster bedroom, Den /loft area extra storage, Full bathroom and a storage closet off the hall.
- Basement DescriptionCrawl space with bulkhead entrance houses a dehumidifier
- Update TypeNONE
- Second DwellingPotential
- View Count3
- StreetVickers Street
- Building Number14
- Location41.3718949, -70.5296774
- ParkingAmple parking in the stone driveway
- Outdoor SpacesDeck, Patio, Porch, Beach Access - Public
- Lot Size SqFt22215
- Yard Typepatio with outdoor seating and grassy hammock area
- FeaturesInsulation, Outdoor Shower
- Fridge TypeKitchenaid Stainless steel side by side
- Dishwasher TypeWhirlpool Stainless steel
- Dryer TypeMaytag full size stackable front loading
- Stove TypeKitchenaid Dual Fuel Stove
- TV TypeCable
- Washer TypeMaytag full size stackable front loading