- 1998Year Built
CLASSIC CAPTAIN'S HOME WITH DEEP WATER DOCK ON EDGARTOWN HARBOR. Located on prestigious North Water Street and in the heart of historic Edgartown Village, this premier harborfront home combines the best of in-town and waterfront living, with the advantages of a deep water dock on Edgartown Harbor. Built in 1998, the home was designed using historic house plans from the 1800's and its traditional style blends perfectly within the neighborhood of historic sea captain's homes. On the harborfront side of the home, there are two expansive decks with panoramic views across the harbor to Chappaquiddick Island and Nantucket Sound creating an idyllic outdoor living and entertaining spot with the Edgartown Lighthouse as the picture-perfect backdrop. There are a total of SEVEN BEDROOMS making the property an exceptional retreat for hosting family and friends (current owners are using the first-floor bedroom as a Family/TV Room). As an extra bonus, the property features wonderful attributes of historic village homes, such as the four wood-burning fireplaces and the widow's walk, which is the perfect place for enjoying the Fourth of July fireworks or a perfect starlit summer light. The professionally landscaped yard features beautiful perennial gardens and an expansive lawn that stretches to meet a sandy shoreline at the harbor's edge. The property boasts an impressive rental history and furnishings are available separately for a turnkey purchase opportunity.
Contact Hancock Real Estate:
- MLS Number35468
- List Price$10,995,000
- Modification Date2019-06-29T14:30:51
- Virtual TourView Tour
- Date Listed2019-06-29T14:30:52
- Flooring TypeYellow Pine + Parquet Wood + Tile
- Floor 1 DescriptionThe first-floor is comprised of a Living Room with wood burning fireplace, Formal Dining Room also with wood-burning fireplace and an eat-in Kitchen with granite countertops and stainless appliances. There is also a TV/Family Room (which can also be used as a first-floor bedroom) and a full bathroom.
- Floor 2 DescriptionThe second floor is comprised of four bedrooms and two baths, including the Master Bedroom with wood-burning fireplace, which opens onto a large mahogany deck with superlative harbor views.
- Floor 3 DescriptionThe third floor is a childrens' paradise with a large TV/Lounge and game area, two bedrooms and a half bath. Another set of stairs leads up to the rooftop widow's walk, with panoramic views across Edgartown Harbor.
- Basement DescriptionThe walk-out basement includes a 2-car garage plus carport area and outdoor shower that opens onto an expansive brick driveway.
- StreetNorth Water Street
- Building Number117
- Location41.3918749, -70.5070868
- ParkingCarport and Off-Street Parking
- Outdoor SpacesWater Views, Deck, Beach Access - Public, Porch
- Lot Size SqFt14810
- Yard TypeExpansive Lawn and Landscaped Yard Stretches To Harbor's Edge
- FeaturesInsulation, Irrigation, Mini-Split Heat/AC, Outdoor Shower
- Fridge TypeYes
- Dishwasher TypeYes
- Dryer TypeYes
- Stove TypeYes
- TV TypeCable
- Washer TypeYes
- Update TypeNONE
- View Count82
- Square Feet2957
- Foundation TypePoured Concrete
- FireplacesFour (4) Wood-Burning Fireplaces
- Lead PaintNo
- First Floor Beds1
- Half Bath1
- Year Built1998
- Year Renovated2014
- Heat TypeGas\FHW
- Water ViewYes