- 1880Year Built
Known affectionately as The Barn, this antique farm house was built in 1800 and later moved to this site in the 1950's. Located in the West Tisbury Historic District, this property features amazing charm of a bygone era. A large eat-in kitchen features built-in china cupboard, pantry and tile flooring. A separate dining room with French doors lead to the beautiful back yard. The living room has a wood burning fireplace with built-in bookshelves on each side and a large bank of windows that allows sunlight to filter into the room. Wood floors and wood beams on the ceiling make this room feel very cozy. There is a large bedroom, full bath and small room used as a nursery. Another half bath off the living room and a large, welcoming foyer area complete the first floor. The wooden staircase in the foyer leads to 3 more bedrooms, a full bath in hall and another bath off one bedroom. There is an attached garage with half bath. The lot is 3.2 acres of beautiful mature trees and shrubs. The roof was redone in 2009 and a new well in 2007. This property is in the Historic District and has some wetland area. Buyer would need to discuss with an engineer and surveyor regarding the conservation buffer as well as the wetland setback to formulate what can be done to the property if expansion is of interest. House currently has no heat.
Listed by Island Real Estate
Contact Hancock Real Estate:
- MLS Number35365
- List Price$890,000
- Modification Date2020-03-02T17:40:52
- Date Listed2020-03-02T17:40:52
- Other Struct DescriptionOne car attached garage with half bath and utility area.
- Flooring Type1.5
- Floor 1 DescriptionThe living room has a wood burning fireplace with built in shelves on each side and wood beams on the ceiling. This room opens into the dining room with doors that open onto the deck. The windows in both these rooms open out to the beautiful back yard. Traditional kitchen with built in cabinets and tile floor. There is a half bath, a first floor bedroom with a full bath and a cozy room off bath.
- Floor 2 DescriptionThree bedrooms - one has a full (antique) bath. Full bathroom in hall for the other two bedrooms to share.
- Basement DescriptionCinder block. Crawl space.
- StreetOld County Road
- Building Number641
- Location41.3886223, -70.6703575
- Outdoor SpacesBeach Access - Public
- Lot Size SqFt139392
- FeaturesOutdoor Shower
- Fridge TypeYes
- Dishwasher TypeYes
- Stove TypeYes
- TV TypeNone
- Washer TypeYes
- Update TypeNONE
- View Count46