- 1920Year Built
Classic and utterly charming, this adorable three season cottage sits behind a white picket fence on a beautiful lot and is mere steps to the Grove Avenue ocean beach and boating access. The location is convenient to town and worthy of investment or expansion. Owned by the same family for 45 years, it has been meticulously maintained, upgraded, and cherished by three generations. The neighborhood is primarily year round and has an interesting maritime history, once the location of the village's superior town wharf, a boat chandlery, boat builder, and more. The main level includes a sunny updated kitchen with pantry, large living room with brick fireplace and dining area, over 1200 s.f. of covered wrap around front porch and covered decking in the back yard combined, wood floors, and a new roof. Upstairs are four bedrooms, one with a breezy screen porch, a large full bath with tub, and an ample linen closet. The attic is a bonus rainy day hide-out, play area and includes skylights and windows. In the far corner of the grassy lawn sits a garage/boat shed/office, upgraded in 1997, and includes a spacious finished room with cathedral ceiling, loft, wood floors, half bath, beverage area, laundry room with wash sink, outside shower, and more. The yard is lovely with old growth trees and newer landscaping including flowering shrubs and trees. In summary this welcoming property is a rare opportunity and needs to be seen to be appreciated. Easy walking distance to the VH Yacht Club, West Chop Woods, and the village amenities or ferry. Four bedroom Title 5 septic in 2017.
Contact Hancock Real Estate:
- MLS Number35006
- List Price$1,150,000
- Modification Date2019-09-22T16:41:34
- Date Listed2019-09-22T16:41:35
- Other Struct DescriptionWonderful garage/office/boat storage shed with huge screen doors for summer overflow living space includes spacious cathedral ceiling room with finished interior, Pine flooring, loft, half bath, beverage area with shelving and under counter fridge, gas hot water heater serving laundry area with stack washer and dryer plus wash sink and outside shower, garden tool storage locker, exterior wood storage cubby.
- FeaturesIrrigation, Outdoor Shower
- Fridge TypeYes
- Dishwasher TypeYes
- Dryer TypeYes
- Stove TypePropane
- TV TypeCable
- Washer TypeYes
- Update TypeNONE
- View Count7
- StreetGrove Avenue
- Building Number7
- Location41.4683106, -70.599488
- Outdoor SpacesDeck, Porch, Beach Access - Public, Porch - Screened
- Lot Size SqFt15245
- Yard TypeLovely yard, grassy lawn, old growth shade trees, flowering bushes
- Heat TypeElectric
- Square Feet1408
- Foundation TypeGranite, brick, stone
- Lead PaintUnknown
- Half Bath1
- Year Built1920
- Year Renovated1988
- Flooring TypeWood
- Floor 1 DescriptionSunny kitchen with pantry alcove, spacious open living and dining area with brick fireplace with two doors opening onto the wrap around front porch, and one door opening to the back covered deck overlooking the lovely back yard.
- Floor 2 DescriptionCenter hallway with four bedrooms, one with screen porch, full bath with tub and tile floor, plus walk-in linen closet with ladder to attic/play area.
- Floor 3 DescriptionAttic is accessed via a ladder and includes two skylights plus a window on each gable end perfect for rainy day play area - Not counted in the total living space.
- Basement DescriptionNo basement, craw space under house.