- 1920Year Built
This classic and utterly charming quintessential beach cottage sits behind a white picket fence on a beautiful lot and is mere steps to idyllic Grove Avenue ocean beach. Meticulously maintained and owned for 45 years, it has been cherished by three generations. Thoughtful upgrades include renovated kitchen, new roof on both structures, 4 BR upgraded Title 5 septic 2017, expanded and finished garage/boat shed/office/studio with wood floor, cathedral ceiling, loft, half bath, beverage area, and outside shower. The neighborhood is primarily year round and has an interesting maritime history, once the location of the village's superior town wharf, a boat chandlery, boat builder, and more. The main house includes a sunny kitchen with pantry, large living room with brick fireplace and dining area, wood floors, and over 1200 s.f. combined of wrap around front porch and covered back deck. Upstairs are four bedrooms, one with a breezy screen porch, a large full bath, and ample linen closet with ladder to the attic. The finished attic is a bonus rainy day hide-out, play area and includes skylights and gable windows. Overlooking the large grassy lawn sits the garage/boat shed/office/studio, expanded and upgraded in 1997. The spacious yard is lovely with old growth trees and newer landscaping including flowering shrubs and trees and even a small waterview of the ocean. In summary this welcoming property is a rare find and needs to be seen to be appreciated. Easy walking distance to the VH Yacht Club, West Chop Woods, and the village amenities or ferry.
Contact Hancock Real Estate:
- MLS Number35006
- List Price$950,000
- Modification Date2019-09-22T16:41:34
- Date Listed2019-09-22T16:41:35
- Other Struct DescriptionWonderful garage/office/boat storage shed with huge screen doors for summer overflow living space includes spacious cathedral ceiling room with finished interior, Pine flooring, loft, half bath, beverage area with shelving and under counter fridge, gas hot water heater serving laundry area with stack washer and dryer plus wash sink and outside shower, garden tool storage locker, exterior wood storage cubby.
- Heat TypeElectric
- Water ViewYes
- StreetGrove Avenue
- Building Number7
- Location41.4683106, -70.599488
- Outdoor SpacesDeck, Porch, Beach Access - Public, Porch - Screened, Water Views
- Lot Size SqFt15245
- Yard TypeLovely yard, grassy lawn, old growth shade trees, flowering bushes
- FeaturesIrrigation, Outdoor Shower
- Fridge TypeYes
- Dishwasher TypeYes
- Dryer TypeYes
- Stove TypePropane
- TV TypeCable
- Washer TypeYes
- Update TypePC
- View Count22
- Square Feet1408
- Foundation TypeGranite, brick, stone
- Lead PaintUnknown
- Half Bath1
- Year Built1920
- Year Renovated1988
- Flooring TypeWood
- Floor 1 DescriptionSunny kitchen with pantry alcove, spacious open living and dining area with brick fireplace with two doors opening onto the wrap around front porch, and one door opening to the back covered deck overlooking the lovely back yard.
- Floor 2 DescriptionCenter hallway with four bedrooms, one with screen porch, full bath with tub and tile floor, plus walk-in linen closet with ladder to attic/play area.
- Floor 3 DescriptionAttic is accessed via a ladder and includes two skylights plus a window on each gable end perfect for rainy day play area - this area counted in the total living space.
- Basement DescriptionCraw space, accessed under front porch.