- 1960Year Built
Classic meets Contemporary - This is a perfect example of successfully and aesthetically melding a traditional farm house with an open, contemporary wing. The location is ideal with proximity to the Village. Morning Glory Farm and South Beach are also just a short distance away - what could be better! The basic floor plan of the farm house was left intact but updated. The original kitchen is now called the "Garden Room" and is the connector between the old and new. With a separate dishwasher, ice maker, and refrigerator, this is a grand space for entertaining. A traditional New England Farmers Porch connects the old with the new on the front of the house depicting a classic Farmhouse with an attached barn. As you step through the barn door to the addition, the contrast is impressive. The cathedral ceiling creates a warm and friendly theme of comfortable grandeur. The family room occupies the left side, and a large bay with a bank of windows beyond overlooking the yard is the dining room large enough to seat 10. The state of the art kitchen is on the right with direct access to the oversized heated garage, with ample space for 3 cars, beach gear or even winter boat storage. The piece de resistance is the large master suite above the garage with a cathedral ceiling that accents the spacious bedroom, and Captain's nook, great for reading. The separate sitting room and an exceptional bath with oversized soaking tub and steam shower complete this space. An oversized 20' x 15' shed along with a garden shed take advantage of the large parcel of land that boasts of gardens, roses, and ornamental trees. If you think one outdoor shower is a Vineyard staple, this house has two! It is a mini Village estate in character with the neighborhood.
Contact Hancock Real Estate:
- MLS Number34460
- List Price$2,225,000
- Modification Date2019-04-26T17:19:26
- Date Listed2019-04-26T17:19:26
- Other Struct DescriptionThere is an oversized shed in the back yard and a standard shed for outdoor storage.
- Flooring TypeHardwood, carpet, tile
- Floor 1 DescriptionEntering the new addition through the front porch, you are impressed by the clever use of the open space. The family room occupies the left side of the room, a dining room is located in a bay with numerous windows, and the gourmet kitchen is on the right. The cathedral ceiling adds to the spaciousness, and the numerous windows keep the room light and bright with views to the yard and gardens beyond. Direct access from the kitchen to the garage is part of the well thought-out design. The connecting "Garden Room with French Doors to the patio is the pathway to the original farm house and the parlor with a fireplace at the front of the house. French doors leading to the patio were added to the bedroom on the first floor. A full bath and an office are also on this level.
- Floor 2 DescriptionThe master bedroom suite occupies the entire second floor of the new addition over the garage. The second floor of the farm house has two additional bedrooms with interesting dormer roof lines, typical of a vintage home along with a full bath with tub.
- Basement DescriptionFull basement with a second washer/dryer, cedar closet, utilities and storage.
- StreetClevelandtown Road
- Building Number32
- Location41.3827528, -70.5208458
- Outdoor SpacesDeck, Beach Access - Public, Garden, Porch
- Lot Size SqFt19166
- Yard TypeBeautifully landscaped yard with 15' x 20' shed and two (2) outdoor showers
- FeaturesCentral A/C, Insulation, Irrigation, Outdoor Shower
- Fridge TypeSub-Zero (kitchen): Perlick (Garden Room)
- Dishwasher TypeBosch (kitchen); Bosch (Garden Room)
- Dryer TypeWhirlpool & Bosch (new wing); 2nd washer/dryer (basement)
- Stove TypeWolf 6 burner gas
- TV TypeCable
- Washer TypeWhirlpool & Bosch (stackable)
- Update TypeNONE
- View Count2