- 1880Year Built
**Unoccupied and easy to show virtually or in socially-distant person.** In the coveted Copeland District, steps from beach and town: An unparalleled palace of a property awaits the fortunate investor. Dunmere-by-the-Sea, a soaring, three-story edifice was once an elegant hotel of Oak Bluffs' heyday as a swinging Victorian resort. For the past 40-plus years, this "wedding cake" with panaromic views of Nantucket Sound has served its owners well as a three-unit apartment building. Vacation tenants hail from as near as Boston and as far as Budapest, including many longtime repeaters. Updates over the years have spared many elements of period charm -- the mansard roof, substantial "gingerbread" trimmings, the serpentine interior stairway. Each unit enjoys bright and spacious floor-through living, with open common areas, full kitchens and baths, two-plus bedrooms and water views. They share use of a laundry, a deep wraparound porch, four parking spaces and generous yard space for lounging and cookouts. The raised finished basement, inclusive of full bath and laundry, has full windows and both indoor and outdoor entries. The opportunities abound: Glamorously upgrade or simply refresh the "old school" cottage ambience. Continue the lucrative landlord tradition. Create condominiums (subject to town permitting). Or go rogue and transform the building into your personal, palatial single-family domain. Property is eligible for tie-in to the town sewer.
Listed by Coldwell Banker Landmarks
Contact Hancock Real Estate:
- List Price$1,690,000
- MLS Number33956
- Date Listed2019-07-15T11:54:16
- Modification Date2019-07-15T11:54:15
- Basement DescriptionRaised, finished basement with full windows. Hardwood floors! Common living area. Two bedrooms. Recently updated full shower bath. Piggyback washer/dryer. Storage. Indoor and outdoor entries.
- Flooring Typewood
- Floor 1 DescriptionMain entry from common wraparound porch. Apartment One: Open living/dining area with egress to porch. Kitchen. Two bedrooms. Full bath.
- Floor 2 DescriptionApartment Two: Open living/dining area. Kitchen. Three bedrooms. Full bath. Exclusive access to expansive outdoor wraparound deck. Common laundry area, with half bath, accessible to all three apartments via rear stairway.
- Floor 3 DescriptionApartment Three: Open living/dining area. Kitchen. Two-plus bedrooms. Full bath.
- Building Number7
- StreetPennacook Avenue
- TownOak Bluffs
- Location41.4527452, -70.5544458
- Lot Size SqFt6534
- Other Struct DescriptionDetached outdoor shower. Garbage enclosure.
- Outdoor SpacesWater Views, Garden, Porch, Deck, Beach Access - Public
- Parking Descriptionfour off-street spaces
- Yard Typegenerous lawn
- Water ViewYes
- Square Feet4738
- Foundation Typeconcrete block
- Lead PaintUnknown
- First Floor Beds2
- Half Bath1
- Year Built1880
- Heat TypeNone
- Dryer Type2
- FeaturesOutdoor Shower
- Fridge Type4
- Stove Type4
- Tv TypeCable
- Washer Type2
- View Count101