- 1896Year Built
Located on a winding private road, this original 1896 West Chop waterfront home was completely renovated to exacting standards in 1992. With 8 bedrooms and 6 and a half bathrooms, and a classical layout with formal and informal areas in which to relax and pass the time, this home encompasses all that this desirable location provides for family gatherings and summer memories at West Chop. A stately front entrance leads to the formal living room with adjoining separate sitting room, with fireplace, that opens to the expansive water facing porch providing active views of the Vineyard Sound and additional entertaining space to while away a lazy summer afternoon. The home offers an exceptional combination of elegant charm and modern amenities including the large gourmet kitchen breakfast room, with Wolf and Sub Zero appliances, bespoke cabinetry and a butler's pantry that leads through to the formal dining room. The staircase leads to a large master suite with a full bath, office and balcony overlooking the water. Three further bedrooms and 2 additional bathrooms occupy the remainder of the second floor with 4 further bedrooms and 3 baths on the third floor. The huge walk out basement was created during the renovation, and could be finished to create living space for a wine cellar, family room or gym. The home was fully air conditioned in 2019 and there is potential to add a pool. Directly in front of the property is a beautiful private conservation trust protected beach ideal for sunning, swimming, tide rides to the dock, kayaking, fishing and of course breathtaking water views and dreamy sunsets. This is a rare opportunity to buy in the heart of West Chop. Privately located, yet close to Mink Meadows Golf, the Vineyard Haven Yacht Club and conveniently close to ferry service, hospital and town center restaurants and shops. West Chop is a unique Vineyard community where families have enjoyed the fellowship of friends and neighbors for generations. See further description under "Comments/Directions" for the benefits of being part of the West Chop community in this special North Shore setting.
Contact Hancock Real Estate:
- MLS Number33954
- List Price$10,499,000
- Modification Date2018-07-19T09:28:55
- Virtual TourView Tour
- Date Listed2018-07-19T09:28:55
- Flooring Typewood floors
- Floor 1 DescriptionFormal living room plus second sitting/family room with fireplace encompassing fabulous views and sunset. Large chefs kitchen and breakfast room. Butlers pantry and formal dining room on first floor as well as a powder room. Porches on both sides for sunset and sailboat viewing or shady manicured lovely lawn and gardens.
- Floor 2 DescriptionStaircase leads to master bedroom with a fireplace and private deck with huge water views over the Elizabeth Islands and Vineyard Sount .Master has a private ensuite bath and a sitting area/office. Second large guest bedroom has a private bath. The 3rd and 4th bedrooms share a large bath.
- Floor 3 DescriptionFour more bedrooms with sweet views over the ocean and grounds allow for extra room, two rooms each with a private bath and two that share a bath totaling three baths on the third floor.
- Basement DescriptionFull walk out with access to the outside shower. Could be significant finished space with high ceilings, poured concrete, great dry storage or future living space with natural light.
- StreetMain Street
- Building Number1153
- Location41.4794982, -70.6074816
- Outdoor SpacesWater Views, Deck, Porch, Patio, Beach Access - Private, Beach Access - Association
- Lot Size SqFt25700
- Yard Typemanicured, waterfront, sandy beach path, beautiful gardens
- Water ViewYes
- Square Feet5345
- Foundation Typegreat basement
- Lead PaintUnknown
- Half Bath1
- Year Built1896
- Year Renovated1992
- Heat TypeGas\FHW
- FeaturesCentral A/C, Insulation, Irrigation, Mini-Split Heat/AC, Outdoor Shower
- Fridge Typeyes
- Dishwasher Typeyes
- Dryer Typeyes
- Stove Typeyes
- TV TypeCable
- Washer Typeyes
- Update TypeNONE
- View Count240