- 1997Year Built
A COUNTRY MANOR HIGH ON A HILL - Designed by owners who understand that elegance and relaxation can co-exist. A graceful stone wall and circular drive create a sophisticated setting on a large parcel of land. The community provides two private beaches within a ½ mile of the property. One beach is at the bottom of a dramatic overlook with spectacular water views and the other, more user-friendly with an ability to walk directly on the beach. As you enter the home, the crafted stairway separates the living space. The living room is enhanced with a classic Vineyard stone fireplace. The piece de resistance is the wood paneled sunken library beyond which becomes a quiet space for reading, games and creative chatter. A casual den leads to an en suite master bedroom with fireplace and private balcony. The meaning of cook's kitchen is not wasted here - there are two stoves and two refrigerators and an over-sized island. There are also a breakfast room and a grand formal dining room. French doors and windows overlook the expansive back yard and pool. Two en suite guest bedrooms with private balconies, one with a fireplace, occupy the second floor and enjoy distant water views. The third floor with more capacious water views, a full bath and balcony can be used as the fourth bedroom or another living room. Chic, European flavor on the Vineyard or transform to chic coastal contemporary.
Contact Hancock Real Estate:
- MLS Number33579
- List Price$1,995,000
- Modification Date2018-12-13T10:38:24
- Date Listed2018-06-01T17:18:57
- Flooring TypeWood, tile, carpet
- Floor 1 DescriptionA handsomely designed home with central entrance and two chimneys set the custom built quality of the home. The dramatic stone fireplace in the living room on the right is an excellent example of Vineyard stone masonry. The breakfast room directly in front with french doors visually takes you to the pool and private back yard. The sunken library beyond the living room is a treasure not only because of the many books on the shelves but because of how it integrates into the lifestyle of the house. A den to the left of the stairway is ideal for TV and leads to a quiet en suite master bedroom with fireplace and private balcony. Behind the stairway is a breakfast room. A perfect kitchen with center island, two stoves and two refrigerators to accommodate the chefs of the house and an elegant, gracious dining room to the right overlooks the pool.
- Floor 2 DescriptionTwo en suite guest rooms occupy the second floor. The guests who arrive first can choose the bedroom to the left with fireplace. Both bedrooms have private balconies and take advantage of the pleasant, distance water views of the Sound and the pool below..
- Floor 3 DescriptionA bright, open landing is an invitation to the third floor; an open room with private bath and balcony.
- Basement DescriptionLarge basement with laundry room and more than ample room for storage.
- StreetNorton Farm Road
- Building Number40
- Location41.453507, -70.656928
- Outdoor SpacesDeck, Garden, Patio, Private Pool, Beach Access - Association, Covenants
- Lot Size SqFt95832
- Yard TypeLarge landscaped yard with gunite pool.
- FeaturesAlarm, Central A/C, Insulation, Irrigation
- Fridge Type(2) Amana stainless
- Dishwasher TypeMiele
- Dryer TypeElectrolux
- Stove Type(2) Jenn-Air Gas Stainless Ranges,
- TV TypeCable
- Washer TypeElectrolux
- Update TypeNONE
- View Count6
- Square Feet3664
- Foundation TypePoured concrete
- Lead PaintUnknown
- First Floor Beds1
- Half Bath1
- Year Built1997
- Heat TypeGas\FHA
- Water ViewYes