- 1973Year Built
Spectacular waterfront property with private dock on Stonewall Pond. Breathtaking one-of-a kind views across Stonewall Pond out to the Atlantic Ocean as well as stunning views of Quitsa Pond. This magical property is known as the "Lorca" home because the current owners purchased it in 1972 from the Garcia Lorca estate. With modern upgrades, this is a year round home which evokes old Vineyard charm and features water views from almost every room. Built in 1939 "Lorca" was expanded in 1973 and has been been lovingly renovated and maintained over the past 40 years. There are 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, an open living room, kitchen and dining room, an adjacent family room with fireplace and wonderful picture windows to maximize the water views. Dine al fresco on one of the 2 large decks and enjoy magical moon-rises and spectacular sunsets with 360 degree water views from the roof top deck. Stroll down the gently sloping yard to a private dock and enjoy sailing, kayaking, swimming and paddle boarding. Boat from Stonewall Pond under Hariffs Bridge to Quitsa and Menemsha ponds and then out to the Vineyard Sound or take a quiet moment at home to simply relax in the surrounding beauty. The sunrises and sunsets here are breathtaking and watching the moon rise over the pond is spectacular. It's just a short walk (.3 miles), boat or drive to nearby private association Stonewall ocean beach. This is an amazing opportunity to own a very special Chilmark waterfront property that is surrounded by nature.
Contact Hancock Real Estate:
- MLS Number33561
- List Price$5,500,000
- Modification Date2018-05-18T13:59:59
- Virtual TourClick Here
- Date Listed2018-05-18T13:59:59
- Other Struct DescriptionPrivate dock on Stonewall Pond.
- Heat TypeHeat Pump
- Water ViewYes
- StreetState Road
- Building Number140
- Location41.326818, -70.759459
- Outdoor SpacesDeck, Beach Access - Association, Beach Access - Deeded, Beach Access - Public
- Lot Size SqFt52272
- Yard TypePrivate, natural landscape
- FeaturesInsulation, Mini-Split Heat/AC, Outdoor Shower
- Fridge Typeyes
- Dishwasher Typeyes
- Dryer Typeyes, off kitchen and in basement
- Stove Typeyes
- TV TypeCable
- Washer Typeyes, off kitchen
- Update TypeNONE
- View Count14
- Square Feet2042
- Lead PaintUnknown
- First Floor Beds1
- Year Built1973
- Flooring Typesaltillo tile, hardwood, brick
- Floor 1 Description"Lorca" has an open kitchen/dining/living area with intimate views overlooking the water. Exposed brick walls in the kitchen, living room and master bath add to its charm as do the saltillo tile floors. There is a separate family room with fireplace and views of Quitsa Pond. An expansive deck off the back of the home offers room for outdoor dining and for taking in the full beauty of this incredible property. There is also a first floor master bedroom with private bath and a second bathroom off family room. Washer/dryer is off the kitchen. Amazing views of Stonewall Pond, the Atlantic Ocean and Quitsa Pond throughout.
- Floor 2 DescriptionTwo additional bedrooms. Roof deck with 360 degree views.
- Basement DescriptionPartial basement and crawl space.