- 1720Year Built
This lovely, unique home, nestled at the top of enchanting Indian Hill road, is warm with country charm and historic character. Recent extensive renovations include new windows, kitchen, bathroom and heating system, making this home comfortable for year round living. A covered porch welcomes you into the country kitchen complete with custom cabinets, soapstone counter tops and stainless steel appliances. The sun filled living room and wood paneled dining room each have fireplaces, beautiful wide pine floors and exposed timber ceilings. A cathedral post and beam addition houses the master bedroom suite with its own private bath, study and laundry. On the opposite end, is a second bright new bedroom and a charming renovated bathroom. The upper floor is its own separate sanctuary with a dormer ceiling bedroom and skylit sitting area. The heated walk out basement features exposed granite foundation walls and a beehive oven. A few steps from the house is the post and beam Studio which can also be used as an office and guest bedroom. The timber frame garage is spacious enough for a workshop and for storing bikes, surfboards and kayaks all conveniently accessible from the driveway. This 1.6 acre property is surrounded by pastoral beauty with mature trees, rolling hills and stone walls, all within a short distance of the trails of Cedar Tree Neck and hundreds of acres of conservation land.
Contact Hancock Real Estate:
- MLS Number33055
- List Price$1,295,000
- Modification Date2018-01-19T11:32:55
- Date Listed2018-01-19T11:32:55
- Other Struct DescriptionBeautiful post and beam studio and garage.
- Flooring Typeantique wide pine flooring
- Floor 1 DescriptionKitchen, dining room, living room, 2 bathrooms and 2 bedrooms
- Floor 2 DescriptionSpacious bedroom, and a lovely sitting area.
- Basement Descriptionstone foundation, walk out basement with radiant heated floors.
- Update TypeNONE
- View Count1
- StreetMayhew Norton Road
- Building Number54
- Location41.423742, -70.692397
- Outdoor SpacesPatio, Garden, Beach Access - Public
- Lot Size SqFt69696
- Yard TypeLarge private yard, well maintained and landscaped, invisible dog fence
- FeaturesInsulation, Outdoor Shower
- Fridge TypeYes
- Dishwasher TypeYes
- Dryer TypeYes
- Stove TypeYes
- TV TypeCable
- Washer TypeYes