- 1840Year Built
This historic house, the Candlemaker's cottage and shop c.1840, has been wonderfully restored with extraordinary attention paid to every detail. Located one short block up from Collins Beach and two blocks from Main Street, the house has an elegant floor plan, very wide pine floors, a gourmet kitchen by Kochman, Reidt and Haigh, a dining room with a fascinating China Trade mural on all four walls, and a bookcased, fireplaced living room with light on three sides. The second floor offers two large private bedroom suites. The Zen garden's standing stones and scented plants lead to a secure paved patio with a granite and cedar outdoor shower. This property is perfectly scaled for its size and is a must see for people who want a base in the very heart of historic Edgartown.
Contact Hancock Real Estate:
- MLS Number32072
- List Price$1,875,000
- Modification Date2017-05-31T08:15:28
- Date Listed2017-05-31T08:15:28
- Flooring TypePine / Softwood
- Floor 1 DescriptionEnter by way of the side patio or front door on Cooke Street, into a charming floor plan made up of a living room with fireplace, dining room with hand-painted wall murals, a half bath, and an updated kitchen.
- Floor 2 DescriptionThe staircase brings you to two sunny bedrooms on each end of the home, both with ensuite baths.
- Basement DescriptionExterior bulkhead access
- Update TypeNONE
- StreetCooke Street
- Building Number20
- ParkingYes-Two Car Off Street Parking
- Outdoor SpacesGarden, Patio, Porch, Beach Access - Public
- Lot Size SqFt2613
- FeaturesAlarm, Central A/C, Outdoor Shower
- Fridge TypeYes
- Dishwasher TypeYes
- Dryer TypeStackable
- Stove TypeYes
- TV TypeCable
- Washer TypeStackable