- 1768Year Built
HISTORIC WATERFRONT ANTIQUE - Come live a bit of history in this beautifully restored six-bedroom, four-bath Colonial, formerly a tavern built in 1768, visited by seamen until the 1850's. Many of the small rooms of the tavern were combined into larger spaces when the building was converted into a home. Original architectural details remain including dentil work on the mantel of the living room fireplace, gunstock corners, beaded wainscoting and wide pine floors. Enjoy relaxing on the breezy porch watching the busy activity in the harbor or walk down the garden path to the stairs leading to the shore front lounging deck offering spectacular views of Vineyard Sound. Keep your dingy or kayak on the newly refurbished beach to easily reach your boat on a mooring immediately in front of the house. The house can be purchased with most of the furnishings. Substantial rental income.
Contact Hancock Real Estate:
- MLS Number31963
- List Price$3,700,000
- Modification Date2017-05-08T07:53:21
- Date Listed2017-05-08T07:53:21
- Other Struct DescriptionAttached 2 car garage
- Flooring TypeHardwood and Pumpkin Pine
- Floor 1 DescriptionEnter the home through the original, masterfully crafted front door into a wide hallway that runs the length of the house to the covered porch fronting on the outer harbor. The living room offers the same breathtaking views as the porch and features wide pumpkin pine floors, beaded wainscoting, gunstock corners, beams and a fireplace framed by built-in bookcases. The almost square dining room is warmed by another fireplace, likely the original kitchen. The refurbished kitchen and butler's pantry open onto a stone patio and gardens with views of the harbor. Across the broad hallway from the living room is the master bedroom and bath with additional views of the harbor and Nantucket Sound.
- Floor 2 DescriptionClimb the graceful stairway to the second floor with a large upper hall. The two bedrooms on the front of the house feature water views and full bathrooms. Toward the rear of the house over the back wing are three additional bedrooms and a full bath. A second staircase descends to the kitchen.
- Floor 3 DescriptionThe unfinished attic holds potential for adding two additional rooms or one large master bedroom. There are windows offering views of the inner and outer harbor.
- Basement DescriptionFull basement containing the forced hot air furnace, water heater and electrical service accessible through the bulkhead or interior stairs.
- StreetJewett Lane
- Building Number55
- Location41.4675971, -70.5977529
- Outdoor SpacesDeck, Garden, Patio, Porch, Community Tennis Court, Beach Access - Private, Beach Access - Deeded
- Lot Size SqFt35283
- Yard TypeLandscaped
- FeaturesAlarm, Irrigation, Outdoor Shower
- Fridge TypeYes
- Dishwasher TypeYes
- Dryer TypeYes
- Stove TypeGas
- TV TypeCable
- Washer TypeYes
- Update TypeNONE
- View Count11
- Square Feet3935
- Foundation TypeStone
- Lead PaintUnknown
- First Floor Beds1
- Year Built1768
- Year Renovated1998
- Heat TypeOil\FHA
- Water ViewYes