- 1836Year Built
This very charming and historic home lies in the center of Edgartown Village and offers the opportunity to create a lovely summer residence just steps to Main Street's attractions and 1/2 mile to Fuller Street Beach. Formerly the Davis Academy which was built in 1836, this home was updated in 2010 and offers 4 bedrooms / 2.5 baths. The first floor includes a living room with fireplace and casual eating nook that overlooks the backyard through a large bay window, a great room that offers space for formal dining and/or living area and kitchen with access to the backyard. All bedrooms are located on the 2nd floor including a staircase leading to the attic with stunning views of the Village and plenty of storage space. The spacious, professionally landscaped, private backyard is ideal for entertaining or expansion. This is a very special home that is a must see for those who want a base in the very heart of historic Edgartown.
Contact Hancock Real Estate:
- MLS Number31929
- List Price$2,385,000
- Modification Date2017-05-08T11:36:36
- Date Listed2017-05-08T11:36:36
- Flooring TypePine/Softwood throughout
- Floor 1 DescriptionThe main entrance on Davis enters into a foyer with the main staircase and access to the living and dining rooms. The sunny living room features tall ceilings, painted wide-plank pine floors, a fireplace and a large picture window. The modest kitchen is positioned in the back of the home with easy access to the adjacent dining room.
- Floor 2 DescriptionThe four bedrooms are all located on the 2nd floor. Two king rooms share a full bath with a clawfoot tub, two cozy bedrooms each feature one twin bed, and another full bath is conveniently located in the hallway.
- Floor 3 DescriptionA separate staircase leads up to the third floor attic space with three unfinished rooms.
- Basement DescriptionUnfinished, concrete floors
- StreetDavis Lane
- Building Number49
- ParkingYes-Parking for 2 Cars
- Outdoor SpacesGarden, Patio, Beach Access - Public
- Lot Size SqFt5662
- Yard TypeExpansive Private Yard, Well-Maintained
- Square Feet2132
- FireplacesYes - 2 (Living Room + Master Bedroom on 2nd Floor)
- Lead PaintUnknown
- Half Baths1
- Year Built1836
- Year Renovated2010
- Heat TypeGas\FHW
- Fridge TypeYes - Amana
- Dishwasher TypeYes - Echo Sense
- Dryer TypeYes-Whirlpool
- Stove TypeYes - GE Gas Stove
- TV TypeCable
- Washer TypeYes - Whirlpool
- Update TypeNONE
- View Count2