- 1888Year Built
This welcoming classic Colonial home is located equal distance between Vineyard Haven village and West Chop Lighthouse. Sitting on 1.87 acres, the property offers privacy and tranquility. Outside features a back yard patio and a detached garage with a 405 square foot wood working shop. Inside the charming double front door is a welcoming foyer with stairs to the second floor, a den or bedroom with built-in shelving, and double pocket doors to the expansive living room with wood-burning fireplace. Off the living room is a first floor guest or master bedroom and bathroom. Also off the living room is a large light-filled dining room with a lovely bank of windows. Then the mudroom, kitchen and pantry are beyond. Upstairs has a second master bedroom and bath plus two more bedrooms that share a hall bathroom. As a bonus, there are unfinished large attic spaces waiting to be transformed. A new boiler, electrical service, insulation, sheet rock, and oak floors were all done in in recent years. One could live in this house now with all its period charm, or renovate to your personal tastes. Septic passed Title 5 inspection in 2016 and is designed for five bedrooms. There is enough land for a guest house and/or pool and it is a short walk to Grove Ave. beach and the Vineyard Haven Yacht Club. This is a rare beauty.
Contact Hancock Real Estate:
- MLS Number24845
- List Price$1,595,000
- Modification Date2016-10-03T09:04:26
- Date Listed2016-10-03T09:04:26
- Other Struct DescriptionDetached one-car garage with 405 square foot wood working shop.
- Flooring TypeOak
- Floor 1 DescriptionFoyer, living room, formal dining room, kitchen, pantry, mudroom, two bedrooms, one bathroom.
- Floor 2 DescriptionThree bedrooms, two bathrooms, pull down ladder to attic.
- Floor 3 DescriptionLarge unfinished attic.
- Basement DescriptionPartial basement with accessible crawl space. Houses boiler, electrical panel, and laundry.
- Update TypeNONE
- Second DwellingPotential
- 2nd Dwelling DescriptionGuest house and pool possible with town approval.
- View Count7
- StreetMain Street
- Building Number484
- Location41.4679379, -70.600612
- Outdoor SpacesPatio, Beach Access - Public
- Lot Size SqFt81457
- Fridge Typeyes
- Dishwasher Typeyes
- Dryer Typeyes
- Stove Typeyes
- TV TypeSatellite
- Washer Typeyes